Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dad's been sick... again...

One of the reason why I've been lagging on my posts was because my dad got admitted to the hospital yet again the day after Dylan's birthday splash. I applied for leave the day after Dylan's bday to bring Dylan for his jab at the clinic but I was also thinking about bringing Dad to SMC coz he didn't looked too good the day before.

I was secretly plotting my plan to kidnap him after Dylan's jab ekekeke (coz he usually wouldnt go unless really necessary).... So that night, after putting Dylan to sleep, we played jimrami again as usual coz Kakak and family was still in KK. At 1am, we all stopped and went to bed la. But I couldnt sleep eventho was sooo sleepy so I watch an episode of House. When I finally got to sleep, I kept waking up every hour (macam tidak senang hati ni) til suddenly my mobile rang (set my mobile to say the name of the caller) at around 5am. True enough, my mom called to tell me that Dad is in SMC because he was complaining of chest pain and breathlessness. Right after I talked to mom, Dylan woke up. So me and hubby got dressed and left Dylan with MIL and DIL.

Arrived SMC at around 6am and Dad was in the ward. He was wearing the oxigen mask and complaining about his chest, so me and Mom massage his back, head and neck. After that the Dr Liew came to check on him and found out that he actually has water in the lungs because his kidney could no longer filter out the water. The tube in his arm (done in a small surgery to prepare for his dialysis two months ago) was not in good shape yet to use so they had to do a small surgery to insert another tube in the vein at the side of his neck for emergency dialysis. Right after that he was wheeled off to ICU. Had a chat with the doc and he said Dad should've gone for dialysis a month ago but you know la, Dad is very stubborn and all the while saying he will not go for it as long as he can survive without dialysis. But at last, doc said he came very very close to you know what and he really needs it now (that made my heart stopped for a little while).

For the next few days, alot of our family, his friends, staffs and colleagues came to visit him (until kena marah the nurse coz non-stop ppl come ekekek). He was happilly chatting away with them (I kept his mobiles with me so that he gets some rest tho I didn't (not complaining!) coz I had to entertain lots of his calls and replying smses). On Thurday, he was well enough to move to the normal ward and finally went home last Tuesday afternoon.

Many thanks to all the doctors and nurses of SMC who took great care of my Dad and also to all his friends, staffs and colleagues who took the time to see him while he was in SMC. I'm really touched and blessed to see that my Dad meant alot to many people. Thank you God from the bottom of my heart for keeping my Dad safe....

2 comments:

eSKay said...

hey there.. hope your dad is ok now..

vsk said...

im sorry to know dad's condition.. and im glad he's back home now... not only your dad la Jae yang stubborn.. my dad also the same...